Friday, May 22, 2009

Betrayal

The most fulfilling emotion of them all. As a new turn, I'll be speaking in first person POV.

>> How do you forgive someone after it? It's the hardest emotion to look in the eye. To point out and call it on its alluring pain. I tried to become something I wasn't; I wanted a mirror, rather a poster. Something I could glue to myself. But I could see the peeling edges. Everyone could. The paper of the poster would become cut and wrinkled and peel at the edge. My own personality shown through. Something I never wanted the world to see. Something I built my entire life around hiding.

I warned so many people. I try to tell them to run. Most did; I didn't let the door hit them on their way out. The few that stayed; I showed them. I pulled back the binding on my own book. The ripped pages, the cut up ones, the chipped, rusty ones. Frayed pieces of forgotten life and unforgiven promises. It was a personality deflect undetected. Something not caught on the radar. But once those last few pages spread their own wings; everything was out. That's when it started.

They ran, of course. I didn't stop them. I didn't want to. I let them go, just like I let my life slide in transit. I'm sitting now. Watching each day, each number, each ray. The time particles collapsing on themselves. Something I didn't plan on watching. This isn't something you wish your life to portray. But it's something inevitable. It's as natural as the floating clouds in the sky or the birds soft whisper carrying the wind. It could change, but with time. Betrayal won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment